Tuesday 3 August 2010

Transform 2010

The first week of our time in Italy was spent at the Transform 2010 conference near Rome. Hundreds of people gathered from many different countries to take part in a week of worship and teaching before going out into the Mediterranean countries for outreach. This was a really valuable time of input for us and gave us renewed energy for our last outreach which would be in Lake Como in the north of Italy.


It was great to attend the Transform 2010 conference in Rome. Although Italy was the last country on our trip it was very refreshing to be part of a conference with lots of young people who were taking part in their first ever mission trip. Six months of being on the Transit team has been filled with a lot of programmes and performances - sharing with people and ‘being on stage’ was an essential part of our ministry. At Transform I went to a lot of seminars and workshops and just enjoyed the different teachings. Also, the worship times in the evening meetings and the services in the mornings gave me great joy. It was good to receive some input and I felt that I regained some new energy for the last outreach in Como in northern Italy. At Transform there were also people from all over the world and I liked the atmosphere of this international community. I had many good conversations and was also able to see some friends that I had met along the journey of the last two years - first on the Doulos and then travelling across Europe. This conference was a blessing for me. (Bennet)

No comments:

Post a Comment